What if I’m not flexible?
This yoga is for you! This is the most common misconception that prevents people from coming to yoga classes. Yoga is not about how flexible you are; it’s about stretching your body and spine to develop and increase your flexibility. The more inflexible you are the more reason you have to try yoga! Your flexibility will evolve and improve with your practice. Remember, as long as you try the posture the correct way, you receive 100% benefit.
Why is the room heated?
The room is intentionally heated to approximately 105 degrees F to warm up the body and assist with circulation, promoting detoxification and providing optimum conditions to improve the functions of the body’s internal systems. The heat provides a challenging environment which increases your strength, concentration, endurance and stamina. It also allows you to work safely and deeply into the postures, giving faster results. Why The Heat?
Can I lose weight?
YES! Whatever your fitness level you will find Bikram Yoga challenging. The postures combine strength, flexibility and balance to give you a total body workout. Bikram yoga is a cardiovascular workout that will help aid you in your weight loss. With regular and consistent practice, you can simultaneously tone muscle mass and lose inches. The result will be an overall slimming of the body and a proper distribution of body weight.
A number of our postures are focused on regulating your metabolism and helping to balance your blood sugar levels. You will also find that your body will burn fat more efficiently in the heat. Check out our Bikram Yoga Calorie Counter.
What are the benefits?
With regular practice you will enjoy numerous benefits including: improved strength, flexibility and balance, toned muscles, improves immune system, reduces stress, increases bone density, aids digestive & circulatory systems, flushes lymphatic system, promotes relaxation and a sense of well being.
Many people find that Bikram Yoga is an excellent complement to their regular fitness activity (ex. golf, tennis, weight training, running, etc.). Keeping them injury free and doing these activities for much longer!
How often should I come to Bikram Yoga?
Come as often as you can. To see maximum benefits from Bikram Yoga, a regular practice of 3 to 4 times per week is suggested. The more you do it, the quicker you will see the results! Unlike most forms of physical activity, Bikram Yoga is perfectly safe to practice every day. Naturally, the more often you practice, the greater and faster the results you will enjoy.
When do you have your beginner’s classes?
Bikram Yoga is a beginning class designed for beginners. Anybody can do it – any age, size, shape, condition or background. The teacher will guide you through the class. Furthermore, most classes have more than one new student so you are not alone. Don’t compare yourself to anyone else in the room. As long as you try the posture the correct way, you get 100% of the benefit!
How long is each class?
Each class is 90 minutes long.
Is Bikram Yoga for me?
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Am I stressed out?
- Do I get tension headaches?
- Is my cholesterol level too high?
- Do I have an injury(s) that just won’t seem to heal?
- Has my doctor told me I need to get some form of exercise?
- Do I have lower back pain? Or any back pain?
- Would I like to improve my running, golf game, marathon or triathlon?
- Do I need a boost in energy?
- Do I have trouble sleeping?
- Am I always tired or tire easily?
- Do I sometimes feel depressed?
- Do I sit at a computer for long period of time?
- Do I have carpal tunnel syndrome?
- Do I have arthritis?
- Do I have difficulty with digestion?
- Do I have respiratory problems?
- Do I have bad circulation?
- Do I have trouble concentrating?
- My current fitness program does not deliver the result I want.
- Am I unhappy with my body?
If you answered “yes” to any of the above, then Bikram Yoga is for you!!
Can I practice Bikram Yoga while pregnant?
If you have had a regular Bikram practice before becoming pregnant, yes you can practice while pregnant. Your teacher will help you with modifications for the poses and any questions you have. If you have never practiced Bikram yoga before – We do not recommend Bikram yoga in the heat but you are welcome to purchase a Yoga for Pregnancy DVD at the studio.
Please note; always consult your doctor before undertaking any physical activity while pregnant.
What is your under age policy?
- All students under the age of 18 years must have a parent/guardian co-sign their form before they are permitted to practice.
- Students under the age of 16 years must have an adult/parent on sight or practicing in the class with them.
- Students 14 years and under must gain permission from Adam and Jen via email prior to attending the studio.